Parents and learners: please continue to check your emails weekly for updates on how we will return to school in the fall.
The STEM high school learning coaches collaborated while quarantined to create some entertainment for you! Here is a little bit of what life is like for us as we teach from home...enjoy!
From Coach Grandison:
As we navigate through this time of uncertainty, I will like to provide some additional support to you. Whether you have questions about your online classes, CCP enrollment status, and classes, scholarships, or maybe you just need to vent and get your thoughts out.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to address your concerns, please email Coach Grandison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading for fun this summer!
See the video below to learn how to access eBooks from APS and from the Akron Summit County Public Library, by using SORA, the app in the APS Portal . They are free to access and no library card it needed. Check it out!
AP Exam News
- Exams will be given from May 11–22.
- Makeup test dates will be available for each subject from June 1–5.
- Students can take exams at home or in schools, if they reopen.
- Each subject's exam will be taken on the same day at the same time, worldwide.
- Certain courses—Art and Design: 2D; Art and Design: 3D; Computer Science Principles; Drawing; Research; and Seminar—will use portfolio submissions and will not have a separate online exam.
- All deadlines for these submissions have been extended to May 26, 2020, 11:59 p.m. ET. Teachers and students may receive separate course-specific communications.
- Most exams will have one or two free-response questions, and each question will be timed separately. Students will need to write and submit their responses within the allotted time for each question.
- For most subjects, the exams will be 45 minutes long, plus an additional 5 minutes for uploading. Students will need to access the online testing system 30 minutes early to get set up.
- Students having issues with internet - need to respond to Coach Grandison by April 24
Please visit the APS website using the link below. There are instructions on how to request a work permit during online instruction and the forms are available there as well.
The instructions include the following:
“To complete a work permit during the online instruction period please follow this process.
The student emails the completed work permit form (all 3 sections - application and physician's certificate) along with a copy of their picture ID or birth certificate and their student ID# to email@example.com.
The district will then process the work permit, print the student's copy and email it back to the student. The student will be instructed to sign the permit prior to giving it to their employer. The work permits will be processed Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.